FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Shipping a car to Israel from the U.S.
View Single Post
Old Jun 23, 2009, 10:27 am
craz
Suspended

Originally Posted by cmkest
can you recommend a cheap shipper?
What year is the SUV? as if its not old and in good condition You MUST take Full coverage. Cars DO get ruined my was coming into NY I dont smoke and it ahd butts in piles, they broke my moon-roof and the electric seats and blew the battery

Then figure at least to/from NY it took min of 6 weeks Id say you need to tack on a few more out of LA

Also forgot to mention above, if you dont pay the VAT and the MeChas police (yes they do exist) stop you and you dont have the papers saying you paid teh VAT, say good-bye to teh car. I know it happened to a few people already. 3 times when I got back to my car (twice at the old BG) once I opened the door to get in I was surrounded by no less then 4 guys with their badges out, once I showed them the receipt for having paid the VAT, they walked away. I do know some who were stopped in TA and had the car taken away as they didnt pay the VAT

also check on who they will let drive it, in my days it was the owner or their spouse Only. and whom ever did drive needed also to have an Isreali license in order for the ins to come into play.

trust me even thou most people dont get into trouble, if you do they will block you in the computer and you wont beable to leave the Country till everything is paid to those that were injured. tere are those who werent allowed to leave cause they didnt pay off their moving violation tkts, doesnt always happen, but it does

Back to your question, not all Lines serve Israel and its easiest if they go into Ashdod.I would simply look at a Yellow pages in LA and start a calling.