FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Overwieght Traveller
View Single Post
Old Jun 11, 2009, 8:55 am
Harleycat

Originally Posted by Paddywack41
Please forgive me if this is the wrong place to post this but if not perhaps one of the mods could move it to somewhere more appropriate.

My wife and I are travelling to Orlando from Belfast in July with Thomas Cook. Unfortunately i dont know the type of plane we are leaving on yet but we are travelling Premium Ecconomy.

My wife is very large and in the past we have travelled ecconomy and she has been able to fit into a normal seat provided we lift the armrest that separates us. Its not comfortable but it does work. This time hoping for a bit more comfort we decided to go Premium Ecconomy as the girl in the agents promised us that the seats would be wider. Seat pitch doesnt matter so much to us but the width is vital. Now I know from the past that a lot of the premium seating do not have armrests that you can raise so now I am panicing that the girl in the agents was just trying to flog us more expensive seats and when we get onboard my wife will be so mortified if she cant fit in the seat that I honestly believe she will get off the flight.

Anyone with any idea of the seat width compared to the normal width will be a great help to me.

Many Thanks

Paddy..

I would check with the airline. I did look at Virgin Atlantic and their premium economy seats are the same width as their regular economy seats, the only difference being that they are bulkhead seats with more legroom. They are 3 across and I'm not sure about the armrests.

BMI does have a premium economy section and the seats are wider, 25" as opposed to 17" and they are two across. I'm still not sure about the armrests though.

Last edited by Harleycat; Jun 11, 2009 at 9:13 am Reason: added more information