FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Complaints success with Jetstar?? (merged thread)
Old Jun 9, 2009, 6:34 am
Brewsterz

Programs: BAExec, BMI Pointless Blue Plus, Thai ROP, Eva Evergreen, Starwood Preferred Guest
Complaints success with Jetstar?? (merged thread)

Dear all,

I have a legitimate complaint with Jetstar (refused check in to a JQ flight operated by QF because I had not been listed on the manifest - despite having a valid JQ itinerary in my hand - had to buy a full fare QF ticket for the flight I had already booked to get to my connection...long story) and anyway, I cannot get through to them whatever I try.

Written letter to JQ headquarters in Oz with all relevant supporting docs.
No reply. Faxed letter and docs to CS on number given by Oz CS line.
Told by CS also that the matter had been escalated to some CS complaints department and someone would call me in three working days. No one did. Called again the following week (international rate to Oz, as I live in BKK) and told there was nothing they could do and someone would call me in 4 working days. No point in arguing as the CS operator was based in Malaysia, despite calling the Oz line.

Seem to recall someone telling me somewhere along the line that a letter of complaint submitted to JQ will take a minimum of 3 months to be addressed.

My complaint relates to a flight in April and 450AUD that I have a legitimate right to be reimbursed for. (I am actually a qualified lawyer, so I am pretty sure I have a sound case and all the evidence to prove it...).

I just really want to know if anyone has ever had any success on getting anywhere with JQ and if so what tips, if any, they have to get past the gatekeeper.

Australia's equivalent of the small claims court?

Regards