FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Saying Goodbye to a friend - Travelling for the wrong reasons (LHR-PHL with UA)
Old Jun 8, 2009, 9:37 pm
Kevincm

Programs: Mucci, BMI*G, M&M SEN, FB Gold, PC Plat, Father of GhettoIFE
Part IV Chicago O’Hare International – Philadelphia International Airport

United Airlines UA376, 30/05/09
Airbus A320, Seat 24F - Upsell to $29, Declined.
687 miles flown, 676 earned.
Channel 9 – No

Your map. Powered by http://gc.kls2.com

The Pictures

With the Red Carpet lice clear, we boarded the plane and headed down to the back of it. Was greeted aboard, and then made ourselves comfortable. With 2 people on a 3 seater, it was going to be interesting – would we have a middle seat filler or not?

And as the door closed, and mobile phones we told to be switched off (not that the girl in 25F gave any attention to the announcements) the middle seat was left alone.

A UA 777 on the taxiway waiting for us to clear...

A taxi was done, but we were held in the penalty box for 30 minutes to allow some weight calculations completed.

Off we go again!

After that it was a quick turn onto a runway, turning to Chicago, the up to cloud skip and climb to a higher flight level than the previous flight did.

The Windy City in the distance

Cloud Skipping

Eventually a drinks run was done, with a coke going to me – and a cranapple and vodka for my friend (who forgot the same lesson I made in regards to pouring enough vodka to sink a ship – then pour in the cranapple).

Drinks!

I set up an updated version of a getto IFE for her iPod Touch, and all was good in the world (I on the other hand actually found something of interest - an episode of 30 Rock)

GettoIFE for iPod touch

However as the last cleanup was completed, it started getting bumpy for the approach to PHL. Crew were ordered to return to seats and for the passengers to self regulate using the “honour” system. It’s nice to see the safety professionals doing the role

Eventually, the turn for PHL was made and we landed, and taxied into the D gates.

Coming in over PHL

Luggage delivery finally after a wait – with no attention paid to priority tags. At this point, I tried to pull the luggage handle… which jammed . And of course – UA baggage denied any responsibility

A few new curse words later out of earshot, and it was off across the bridge and into the murky depths of New Jersey

Overall: Not a bad flight, but post flight support was very poor. Not what I accept from United or any carrier. The "shrug your shoulders and don't fill out any paperwork" quite frankly doesn't wash with me, and really at least some documentation should had been taken.

Last edited by Kevincm; Aug 13, 2010 at 9:54 pm