FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How To Keep Hilton Honors Points From Expiring: The Definitive Thread
Old Mar 26, 2002, 1:17 pm
Soonerman

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Lyndihop:
Can anyone tell me of the Hilton Honors points ever expire, and if so do you know the time limits?
Thanks
</font>
Welcome to Flyertalk. Nice to see another FTer from The Land of Opportunity!

The following is taken from hhonors.com
http://www.hilton.com/en/hhonors/terms.jhtml#general

12. Any Member who has not earned points for six consecutive months may be removed from the mailing list of active Members. A
Member may reactivate his or her account by accumulating points or by other such means that Hilton may establish.

13. Any Member who has not earned points for 12 consecutive months may be removed from the Program and, if so, is
subject to forfeiture of all accumulated points. When the Member is removed from the Program, a voucher for all accumulated
points will be issued to the Member, via mail to the Member's mailing address on file. The Member will have 90 days from the date
the voucher is issued to take one of the following actions:

a.stay at a participating HHonors hotel, thus reactivating membership; or
b.earn HHonors points through any third party source of HHonors point accumulation; or
c.send in the voucher to the HHonors Customer Service Center with a check or money order for US$10, which will keep
his or her account open for an additional 12-month period; or
d.request any Reward for which the Member is eligible; account will then be closed at end of the 90-day period.

Failure to take action (a), (b), (c) or (d) described above within the prescribed 90-day period will result in the closure of the
Member's account and the forfeiture of all accumulated points.

If I recall correctly, from what I've read here previously, Hilton usually will send a letter advising the member of account inactivity so they have an opportunity to add points to the account and avoid invoking rule 13. As posted above, updating your hhonors profile each quarter will earn 1,000 (maybe 2,000 points) and keep your account active.