FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [EXPIRED] FAIRMONT HOTELS - Employee Friends and Family Promotion
Old Jun 5, 2009, 7:06 am
choptliva

Programs: FPC Plat, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, PC Plt Amb
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Thankīs a lot for your fast response!

That really is great news! Just to make sure Iīve understood the rules: one canīt use a cert to upgrade from a Fairmont room to Fairmont Gold, but would it be possible to use a cert to upgrade a Fairmont Gold room to a better Fairmont Gold room / suite?

Concerning the 3rd night free cert, would one book two nights on the NFAF rate on the internet and then call the hotel that one would like to add a third complimentary night (and also use a room upgrade), or what would be the best procedure as one canīt book the NFAF rates on the phone?

Thankīs & Best regards
Hi Jasper,
I may be wrong on this, but I thought you can't use the certs for gold floor at all. But I may be very wrong. Just my understanding.

But for the second point, no, in your example, you'd book 3 nights online, and THEN call FPC to tell them you want to use a cert or some cert combo. They make the notations and adjustments. And they will send you a revised confirmation. So the procedure is, book online, and then call FPC.

One final point. FPC is great that it lets us have early qualification. But their IT system, as you know, is not the greatest. Anyhow, unless the timing of your qualification coincides with their "sweep," you will not get the new status or the certs etc until their new sweep confirms your new status. I'd suggest that you contact FPC as soon as your own manual count tells you that you have qualified at a new status level and ask them to adjust their records. They are very good about it.

Enjoy!
chop