FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mexicana Frecuenta to become Mexicana Go.
Old Jun 2, 2009, 9:38 am
Open Jaw

Programs: AA, AS, AV, B6, DL, F9, WN
Originally Posted by iwc
This is why I am confused. My Frequenta miles are still sitting in my Frequenta account. When I tried to request an award on JAL I was told that Frequenta has no partners. That is when I learned of the new Mexicana Go program. Since I never received notice of the program termination nor picked up on the change on Flyertalk. I have also now learned that my miles will convert at 50% not 1 to 1. When I questioned the service center she referred me to Mexicana Go website however went on to say English lanugage site will be available soon. Seems they were telling the same to people back in December.
Mexicana has a big problem with its CS. They do not know what they are doing. Just today I received an Email from Mexicana offering me bonus points to transfer my Frecuenta miles to MexicanaGo points. I transfered these miles to MexicanaGo last December through Mexicana website in Spanish.

If I were you, I would try to tranfer your miles to points soon. Try to find someone who speaks Spanish to help you do the transfer online or keep calling their service center and explain to them your plans. Once the transfer is complete you will be able to use the points for your trip.

Good Luck