FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IC Riyadh (Master Thread)
View Single Post
Old May 26, 2009, 3:53 am
travelben

Programs: LH HON, PC RA
IC Riyadh (Master Thread)

Been there quite a couple times and you always have the feeling of living inside a fortress/compound.

Security is a big issue and you have to let your vehicle be searched and run through metal detectors and x-ray check on your way in.

Staff at welcome desk is friendly and useful if it is run by the Asian guys. But every shift also has a local guy (Saudization program) that is absolutely useless. I try to avoid being served by them.

Upgrade policy seems not to work as the hotel is booked out most of the times. Therefore I always book rooms with Club Lounge access.

The club lounge is spacious and offers a big breakfast. Happy Hour is very "dry" but the finger food is okay.

The Gym offers outside Tennis and Pool areas that are not so muched used. The gym itself is always crowded as the locals also have a membership here.
A constant scent of sweat is in the air and one has to fight for a treadmill run.
But so far I never got hurt!

Restaurants in that facility are good and for people who don't want to go out (for security & safety reasons) have a good variety.

Given the circumstances the hotel is in (Saudi, Security, etc.) it is a good hotel. Would need some improvement, but what to expect in Saudi?