FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IC MIAMI Downtown Master Thread [merged]
View Single Post
Old May 26, 2009, 3:39 am
travelben

Programs: LH HON, PC RA
IC Miami

Stayed for six days in IC Miami during January 09.

Welcomed very well and for being an Ambassador got upped to the Club Level.
Rooms are not so modern but spacious. Some of the equipment looks a little run-down.

Staff is "typical American"... Friendly at first, but when it comes to problem solving they reach to soon the level of giving up.

Gift shop only had a lady employed that would speak Spanish only. Very bad impression left on me as a non-Spanish speaker.

Gym and Spa got renovated and were very nice. Modern equipment and friendly staff. Being an Ambassador they never charged me anything for using the Gym. However, in the room it was written that they would charge a daily fee. (Can't remember how much).

The Club Lounge is quite small, but offers a nice upgraded Continental Breakfast. But during peak hours it is way to busy up there.
In the evening they have a great Happy Hour with excellent food. Especially the Sushi Night was brilliant. My lady and me we cancelled immediately our dinner plans and ate almost all the available Sushi and Dim Sum.
Staff at the Club Lounge is very friendly, but only one gentlemen up there exceeds all expectations. Mr. A... (names are not allowed to mention here) is a fabulous person that will show you his warm heart and his friendliness, no matter what time of the day. Furthermore will he always give you a recommendation for each nights food. And usually he was right.

Overall a very nice hotel, but more the business type of hotel. Nothing for vacation....