FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Window views not obstructed by the wings on a 737-400
Old May 24, 2009, 5:55 pm
Skipcool3

Programs: HiltonH. Gold Starwood Gold BA BLUES! Mucci.
alasdair_m..
A couple of pointers.... CE seating with enhanced leg-room is back to row 13 on the 737-400.
Exit row is 11 (doesn't recline, extra space) and row 12 (extra space and does recline)
Row 10 does not recline. (But row 9 can recline, squishing passengers in row 10!)
Row 7 only has a partial window as avionics run thro' this area.
I think that the seats on the Left are marginally narrower, but this could be my perception from the old convertible seating days.
You get a very good window view from about row 18 back, but you have to balance this with reduced leg-room, noise, longer to get off, etc.
IF view is really important, do OLCI and see what is on offer... If a window row 5 or forward is available, grab it and print a boarding card.... If not, you could pick a seat towards the back, DON'T print boarding pass, and check OLCI again before travel.... If a better seat has become available, grab it. Better seats often come up because business types often change flights etc.
On a recent (INV)- EDI-LGW flight, I was travelling on an Airmiles ticket, and at OLCI it offered me row 22 with the first seven rows blocked. I managed to get to about row 17... I later checked OLCI and row 2F had opened up, which was greatfully received.
Have a good flight and enjoy the views if it isn't raining!!!