FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Do you want to speak to an American rep?
View Single Post
Old May 21, 2009, 6:17 pm
Mike Jacoubowsky

Programs: 1K 2010, 1P in 2011, Plat for 2012,13,14,15 & 2016. Gold in 17 & 18, Plat since
I want to speak to a GOOD rep. American or otherwise.

Originally Posted by Wiggums
I don't know if there's any truth to this, but I know a lot of us dread the foreign call centres.

I don't know if that is required, but I just got an e-mail saying that if you demand to talk to an American representative, they are required to accommodate that request.

Has anybody attempted this? I am a 1K so I never have to deal with this, but unlike some 1K's and even 1P's, this 1K cares about everybody.

I accept that I'm in the minority here on this, but it would be the height of rudeness to hear a "foreign" voice on the phone, assume it's a foreign call center, and demand to be helped by someone else. I can understand the frustration often felt when dealing with someone overseas who may not be well-trained or well-versed in American customs. But it's still a person that you're talking to, not a machine, not a company. And that person deserves some reasonable amount of respect and telling that person I'm sorry, I'm not going to talk to you because you're not one of us (American) isn't that much different from someone walking into my bicycle store and demanding to talk to someone older & male because a young woman can't possibly know anything about road bikes.

Last edited by Mike Jacoubowsky; May 21, 2009 at 6:25 pm Reason: clarity