FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Days Inn Branford, CT cancelledmy BRG room for this weekend
Old May 19, 2009, 8:48 am
ktremor

Programs: PC Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold,HHonors Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite
Days Inn Branford, CT cancelled my BRG room for this weekend

Hi all,

I went to print out directions and confirmation last weekend for a hotel stay this weekend at the Days Inn in Branford, CT. When I went to print it, the confirmation came up as cancelled. I called customer service and they said that the room was cancelled about a month and half after the reservation was made. The CS rep called the hotel to see why it was cancelled and they said that it was cancelled because they ran a monthy check of reservations and my credit card came back as declined. I said why would it come back as cancelled on a rate that was zero and I have a large credit limit. They supposedly called 10 times to fix (which is a lie). The CS rep beleieved they had lied because they would not at that point reinstate the reservation because they had to hold their current inventory for current guests that may want to stay longer.

She opened a case last week and said that I had to wait a week to allow time for the hotel to respond. I called back today to escalate it because I had no response and I had to wait 24hrs for another response. Does anyone know who I can talk to, to get this done faster?

Last edited by ktremor; May 19, 2009 at 8:53 am