FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Courtyard Waikiki or Waikiki Marriott
View Single Post
Old May 18, 2009, 8:46 pm
craz
Suspended

Stopped by Today

I was in HNL for just last night, decidied to check the place out especially since I have a 1 night res for the CY next month

Seems there are 3 non-connecting buildings. 1 is presently closed as its being renovated. Then theres a 3 story building behind the pool and the Main building.

was told the largest rooms are in the 3 story building but no elevator and outside corridors, these rooms also come with a Bath tub , the other 2 buildings are mainly Showers only and no balcony for the room

the Main building is on Kuhio Ave itself and the map on Marriott.com is wrong as it has the Hotel way up the block closer to the canal

small pool but there seems to be a 3-4 person hot-tub or there were 3 s sitting in a kiddi pool, they arent sure as of yet what if anything will be offered up to MR members but said Elites especially Plats will be taken care of

No views to speak of except the building opposite. I will try for a very high floor so as not to hear the street noise.

for those that take the reg Bus from/to HNL theres a stop across the street on the way in and in front of the Hotel for the way back to the Airport.

theres an ABC store alittle small across the side street

I saw no mention of the upcoming reflagging or signs.

personally I feel this will be good for the 1 night I need it for but if i was coming into town on a vacation I dont think Id want to be based there, Id rather be closer to the beach and Main drag

Ill reprt back mid June after I stayed here, hopefully someone will beat me to it, that way Ill know what to expect