FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - PV Alert: Can I Take Photos at the Checkpoint and Airport?
Old May 17, 2009, 12:41 pm
SDF_Traveler

Programs: QF Plat - OW EMD | DL Gold / Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by Trollkiller
I am trying to think of the best way this photograph can be used to shame them into removing the sign.
I believe the sign is also a bit misleading, as the placement of the sign may indicate to some that no photographs are allowed once past the security checkpoint.

Regardless, I don't think the sign should be there per TSA guidelines on photography, unless there is a local, municipal law which overrides the policy laid out on PV.

Perhaps I'll give the airport a call or make an inquiry via the TSA website to see what the photography policy is, as Phil has done with other airports.

With respect to the photo I posted, the actual distance between me and the checkpoint is further than it looks because I cropped out the sign saying "welcome to ISP" when I cropped a portrait photo into a landscape 800x600 pix pic.

Just had a look at the ISP website -- :eek! Hopefully it was done in-house and they didn't pay anyone for it.