FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New One-Way Flex Award / Awards, <NO> Stopover Rule, and Booking Engine (May 9, 2009)
Old May 10, 2009, 7:02 am
jamienbaker

Originally Posted by portflyer
so let's see if i understand the new rules: planning to use award for travel from JFK to DPS over HKG (AA/Cathay pacific). had been planning to stop two days in HKG since connection is overnight there anyway. now will have to sleep on a bench overnight at HKG or scramble back from hotel to pick up flight to DPS??????
I'll be curious what you find out for this (in part due I'm going to DPS as well this summer). I confirmed with BA yesterday that stopovers are still very much permitted on OW itineraries, even when including AA. So if BA were booking the ticket, you could avoid sleeping on the bench in HKG. Hence it seems odd that booking through AA would mean the bench.

BTW, I had no difficulty finding ample J inventory on CX this summer, but it usually does force a HKG overnight in at least one direction. The schedule on JL is better, but summer inventory hasn't been released save for drips and drabs. But in theory, JFKNRT/NRTDPS in both direction can be done with just a few hours in NRT each time.