FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - checkpoints between Orange County and Las Vegas?
Old May 7, 2009, 8:15 am
FlyingHoustonian

Location: Catania, Sicily/South Jersey (PHL)/Houston, Texas/Red Stick/airborne in-between
Programs: United Global Svs, AA PlatPro, WN RR, AZ/ITA Freccia, Hilton Diam, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz Prez, IHG
Originally Posted by RedWingsFan
I heard there are checkpoints between OC and Las Vegas on the I15. Are they agriculture or INS checkpoints? Do I need to bring my passport with me to go to Vegas? I just moved to SoCal and never heard of checkpoints in the middle of the freeway.
There are checkpoints on some major freeways and highways going north from the border, for example, there is a big one on IH-35 in Texas north of Laredo, and IH-10 East bound out of El Paso. I am not aware of one going that far North in California. I have driven from LA to Vegas before and never seen a checkpoint, but that was 15 years ago.

I do not remember an Ag checkpoint for Nevada. I have passed through some Ag checkpoints on I-10 entering Arizona and California before but not Nevada. Other's experiance may vary.

Ciao,
FH