FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Le Meridien Brussels, Belgium, CLOSED Jun '14, to reopen as Hilton [Master Thread]
Old May 4, 2009, 12:09 pm
upperdeckplease

Programs: BAEC, HH, Avis, Hertz
stayed last week april 2009

Stayed at le Meridien Brussels Sun-Thursday, checking out 30/4. On the plus side, I was upgraded to a junior suite on the 4th floor, room very big, but with a small window. Otherwise I really liked the room. Very decent sized seating area. There is a pleasant but small bar on the ground floor where you can have a continental breakfast if you want

On the downside, breakfast was a far too expensive 29 Euros for the American breakfast. No table service, entirely serve yourself. (they at least cleared away

My biggest issue was with the attitude of the staff. No-one acknowledged me (or any member of our party) as we entered or left the hotel. The concierge was always on the phone, or didn't look up; the receptionists didn't look up, no eye contact or smile or anything. (that's any and every time we walked into the hotel, from Sunday evening back to Thursday evening). Shame, really.

Possibly I had been spoiled by staying at the Four Seasons Dublin a few weeks earlier