FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Southwest is coming to LGA!! (was: New city rumor??)
Old May 2, 2009, 11:54 am
ftnoob
Moderator, Southwest Airlines and Choice Privileges

Originally Posted by ftnoob
Will LGA and ISP be co-terminals? (I'm working on an update to the FAQ.)
From a different thread:
Originally Posted by SWAVictor
Wonder no longer! - ISP is a co-terminal with LGA, and BOS is a co-terminal with MHT and PVD!
The award ticket pricing system, however, sometimes threats ISP and LGA as co-terminals and sometimes does not. (Presumably the fare ticket pricing system works the same way, but there is no way for me to test that.) I'm not going to run hundreds of searches to make a definitive determination, but it appears there is a "line in the sand" cutoff; through a particular date in late August ISP and LGA currently are not treated as co-terminals, after that they are. (Sorry, I didn't record the cutoff date I seemed to find, and it could change; it was around August 25.)

For a variety of reasons there is a low probability of this being useful to more than an extremely small group of people, but here it is: while they system is not treating ISP and LGA as co-terminals, you can book a same day "open jaw RT" on a single one-way award coupon, similar to the SAN-LAS-SNA example in the Wiki FAQ. ISP-BWI-LGA or ISP-MDW-LGA, for example can be booked with a single one-way award coupon.