FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - PV Alert: Can I Take Photos at the Checkpoint and Airport?
Old Apr 27, 2009, 8:36 pm
ND Sol

While waiting at AUS yesterday, I decided to shoot some pictures outside of the checkpoint. I am happy report that no one approached me about taking pictures, but it nevertheless became a strange experience. From where I was standing, one of the x-ray monitors was completely visible and the other was partially visible. I specifically decided at that point to not have the monitors visible in any shots.

I then noticed two TSO's walk up to the visible monitor and place themselves between me and the monitor. Eventually one left, but the other had a piece of cardboard to try to block the view (which was rather funny as it was totally ineffective). At one point they tried to put a three sided screen on the monitor, but failed in that endeavor. So for the rest of the time I was standing there, we had one TSO doing nothing but trying to block my view with her body and a piece of cardboard. Your tax dollars at work.

Lest you think that the TSA fixed the situation, this evening I went by the checkpoint and the monitor was there in full view for all to see.

BTW, while I was standing there, three TSO's walked directly through and past the checkpoint with backpacks on without being screened in the least.