FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cruise with 4 year old
View Single Post
Old Apr 25, 2009, 3:49 pm
CDTraveler

Originally Posted by yukira
Thanks for the replies. I was just looking at my AAA newsletter and there is a cruise advertised from Seattle for September. They are also putting together a motor coach from Eugene so we wouldn't have to fly or take the train to Seattle (our long distance car is not big enough for wheelchair, three passengers and suitcases). Is it too cold to swim in the pool in September. September days are often still warm here in Oregon but not sure if that far north it is still warm.

Thanks.
We left San Francisco Sept. 14 last year for a 10 day r/t cruise to Alaska, and there were some days that were warm and gorgeous, and some that were freezing and wet. The best weather was the day we were in Victoria, which worked out well for us as we could walk all over town. Worst weather was the day we went fishing on a small boat, in pouring rain and choppy water - but we still caught fish!

Best thing about taking the bus would be no TSA and no baggage weight limits: I know those suitcases I packed were more than 50 pounds each because we had fall clothes, winter clothes and formal clothes, plus books and entertainment items (iPod, puzzles, etc.)

My suggestion to you would be get AAA right on the job of getting you a wheelchair accessible cabin, because they are limited. I have serious mobility problems now, and tried to book that type of cabin for a couple different cruises in May, but they were already filled, so we opted for a different vacation.