FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Poor Telephone Etiquette
View Single Post
Old Feb 7, 2000, 9:49 pm
UK Stages

Programs: AA Platinum (Lifetime), United GS, HHonors Diamond, Shangri-la Diamond, Marriott Platinum
gosh, i don't know.

poor service and badly-trained employees lacking motivation don't seem to me to be confined to just one hotel, airline, or car rental comany. i've had experiences like this at wyndham, marriott, hilton, embassy suites, westin, sheraton, and even ritz carlton properties. i think we can only draw conclusions from our experiences with these companies over time.

if, over time, nearly every hilton you stay at - or every hilton you call to leave a message at - provides subpar service, then by all means make a generalization about the quality of their customer service overall.

my own experience has been that hilton pretty much provides excellent customer service, even though i've recently had two very bad hilton experiences (at the pleasanton and torrance, california hiltons).

and by the way...

what's with all the new york bashing that seems to run from forum to forum on flyertalk? is it really necessary to say that she gave you an "attitude that only New York City is famous for?"

clearly, dinx found someone in houston who is famous for this attitude, too.

in fact, wherever there are employees who choose confrontation or apathy over customer concern, you'll be likely to find this attitude.

even - may i be so bold as to suggest - in boston!

[This message has been edited by UK Stages (edited 02-07-2000).]