FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Praise to flight 40 crew on 4-21: Landing a 762 without flaps!
Old Apr 21, 2009, 9:45 pm
IAHtraveler
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Originally Posted by jrzyshawn
Just a point of clarification, the NYPD does not have jurisdiction over Newark Airport, the Port Authority of New York & New Jersey (PANY/NJ) does and their uniform and patches look very similar.
Oops, thanks for that clarification.

Originally Posted by TWA Fan 1
Sounds like an outstanding job by the flight deck crew.

I take it there were no injuries on board. Did the fa's ask you to assume the crash positions?

I wonder if you know whether any tires were blown, which is a common issue in landing without flaps?
Definitely "outstanding"! I think this was the first time I've been on a domestic flight that everyone clapped once the plane was under control on the ground. They didn't have us take the crash positions and there weren't any injuries. The pilot was very calm and reassured us everything would be fine, just a fast/bumpy landing. It was a surprisingly smooth landing, just fast.

Also, I don't think we had any blown tires, but I didn't think to look when we got off the plane. They said we had to wait for everything to cool down before they would release the fire trucks. We then went with our own power to the gate.