FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sofia Hotel Balkan, a Luxury Collection Hotel (was Sheraton) Bulgaria [Master Thread]
Old Apr 20, 2009, 11:30 am
PHXMike

Programs: Starwood Hotels, Alaska Air, Delta/Northwest Air
Thanks for your reply, jplondon. I did consider a trip to the Black Sea. We'll look into that further. I rented the Rick Steves Eastern Europe DVD from the library last weekend and it looked like a beautiful country (I've done a lot of web surfing, but it's much different to see video). I think we'll try to make a trip to the monastery (can't remember the name right now) that is not too far from Sofia. I'm not sure how much free time we'll have. We'll want to spend as much time with our son as possible, but I'd imagine the orphanage/adoption agency will have some limits to how long we can stay there each day.

I'm glad the rooms at the Sheraton are large. We previously adopted from Vietnam, and mistakenly expected the standard room to be comparable to a standard room in the U.S. Needless to say, our 9 nights at the Rex Hotel would have been more enjoyable if we'd paid a little more for a suite. We're just happy that we have the chance to pick our own hotel this time, as opposed to being at the mercy of the adoption agency. It will save us quite a bit of money since we'll be able to use points.