FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Small Business Owners: Charging your own credit card?
Old Feb 10, 2004, 8:33 am
RCC

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by PETEFLYS:
I am sure some may do it,but I would not try it.You will find that it is against the terms of your merchant agreement with your processor.
I am sure it would be hard to track but I would not want to have my merchant account canceled for it.
I will be interested to hear what others have to say.
</font>
you are right...I once considered this move, called amex on it...but found out it is illegal per their contract....

bocasteve is also right, you dont want to fork out 3000 for 2 FC tix...you want to do it in a sweet deal....I found it only works well with 2x or 3x point promos....amex has always traditioanlly charged a higer discount rate to merchants....for us example, our client base uses very little amex 5% of our credit card sales are amex...very little...so our discount rate matches that amount of volume....now we do 80% with visa...so I have room to negotiate with them....with our rate so high with amex...I would buy my own miles in the discount rate process...

pgalore....for business travel costs that are directly reimbursible, I charge on my own cards, and ask my clients to send a check made out to myself, rather than the business.
That way, I don't have to do as much paperwork for my business.

would you please go in to a little more details about this...kinda interested...

Ric