FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Buenos Aires {ARG}
View Single Post
Old Apr 13, 2009, 8:51 pm
River in Sight

Programs: BA GLD, AA GLD 1MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Titanium
My s/o and I spent three nights at this property in late March after starting at the Conrad Punta del Este and stopping over in Colonia del Sacramento. We arrived into BsAs via Buquebus and walked to the hotel from the terminal -- it was probably a ten minute walk. The Hilton is located in Puerto Madero, which looks new and spiffy and has a number of places to eat; we felt very safe in the area at all times.

Upon arrival at the front desk, we were sent to check in on the executive level. Our bags were whisked away and we went up and were checked in by a very helpful and knowledgeable concierge. Upon learning that it was our first time in BsAs, she spent several minutes with us going over maps, interesting sites, and things to do. Over the course of our stay she continued to be very helpful and kind, as did all of the other hotel employees -- most all of whom seemed to speak English quite well.

We had been upgraded to an executive room on the same floor as the executive lounge (there are two executive levels which are kind of separate from the rest of the hotel - not quite part of the large atrium). The lounge had eggs, pancakes (which were rock hard every day, for some reason), meats, cereals, pastries, and fruit at breakfast; at dinner time there were free drinks (beer, wine, champagne, and hard liquor) and a variety of snacks, plus one hot snack each day. The lounge is pretty spacious and has a patio looking out over the pool and across to the Casa Rosada and surrounding buildings:

The room was very spacious and looked great, and the bed was very comfortable. The room has a window which opens up a bit to let in fresh air. The bathroom was quite large; the main area had the bathtub and sink, and then there was a separate shower closet and a separate toilet closet. The bathroom has a universal plug which can accommodate US, UK, and European plus (albeit at Argentine voltage). The bedroom has a small walk-in closet with a lot of shelves and storage space, and a desk with every accessory you would need - I don't really have any good pictures of the room but this should give an idea:

We saw a couple of United crews wandering through the lobby, and there is an AA ticketing desk in the lobby for anyone who might need it. There was a large number of restaurants nearby which we could walk to at night - most places opened for dinner around 8. There were also cabs available at all times and they were pretty cheap. We walked all over the city with our hotel as a base, though I don't think it is the single most pedestrian-friendly city I've been in due to the presence of a number of large roads running around. The nearest Metro station is maybe a 10 or 15 minute walk away.

Overall, I have nothing but good things to say about this hotel, and it joins the Conrad Tokyo and possibly the Hilton Odawara as being one of my very favorite Hilton properties worldwide.