FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - PV Alert: Can I Take Photos at the Checkpoint and Airport?
Old Apr 8, 2009, 10:25 am
ND Sol

Originally Posted by pmocek
Thanks for the suggestion. I'll ask that when I have a chance.

I don't even know what the COMAR is. [*] What is "COMAR 11.03.01.09B(2)"?

I have not yet received a response.
Post 6 of this thread should help, though it looks like it is referring to a different section.

Originally Posted by DevilDog438
If I remember correctly, the signage at BWI refers to Code of Maryland Regulations 11.05.07.04

Be advised, this is a Maryland Port Administration regulation, which is not the actual agency that regulates the Airports in Maryland; that function is assigned to the Maryland Aviation Administration.
Here is a link to the code cited, which states:

.09 Airport Security.
B. Security Regulations.

(1) Tampering or interfering with the lock or security access electronics of any door, window, gate, or other opening leading to the air operations area or any other restricted area at the Airport, or breaching any other security device is prohibited except under emergency conditions.

(2) Interference with security procedures or violation of security regulations or directives is prohibited.

(3) It is unlawful for an individual to knowingly and willingly enter an aircraft or an Airport restricted area including the air operations area, contrary to security requirements established by the federal government or the State.
Pretty weak as no discussion whatsoever of photography.

Last edited by ND Sol; Apr 8, 2009 at 10:48 am