FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CX Economy Seat Selection
View Single Post
Old Apr 3, 2009, 3:35 am
sealalula

Originally Posted by soak01
Okay, well I've booked and we (2 Adults & 1 Child) are quite looking forward to trying out CX. My reservation on the CX website is showing an Airbus A333 between Adelaide and Hong Kong (CX104/5), a Boeing 77A between Hong Kong and Los Angeles (CX880) and an Airbus A343 between Vanvouver and Hong Kong (CX839).

My TA has advised me that the fare type allows for seat selection to be pre-booked. Just wondering if anyone has any particular suggestions for good seats on these aircraft (front economy section vs rear, side or middle, where to avoid more side to side movement). I have looked at seatguru and seat expert but would appreciate any personal first hand views.

Exit is row is not possible as I am travelling with a child and have no status. So I was thinking of a window as I like to take in the view, but notice as there are 3 of us that the A333 and A343 are 2+4+2 layout compared to the 77A which is 3+3+3. Also other than our outbound flight from Adelaide, all the other flights will be night flights, so not much to see anyway.

If we go for the centre section on the 333 and 343 is there more chance that the vacant seat will be blocked rather than if we go for 2+1 sitting either behind or in front.

Thanks
i just flew SIN-HKG-SIN and it was A330-300, there was 3 of us too, but we pick Row 45,44 2 of us sat at 45 and 1 at 44, during flight , it was very noisy and the chair is quite high , so i suggest you seat across as you dont have to keep turning your head to talk.

I will be flying SIN-HKG-YVR (CX888)in May and it will be a 777-300ER if im not wrong , which means 3-3-3 , no problem with that, but coming its the same flight that your taking CX 839 which is A343 2-4-2 and i will pick across again.

may i know when will you be flying ? thanks