FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - PV Alert: Can I Take Photos at the Checkpoint and Airport?
Old Apr 2, 2009, 11:31 am
pmocek

TSA P.R. staff's e-mail sig lines are like letterhead: hardly private information

Originally Posted by sbm12
Personally, I would redact the information as I do not believe it actually provides additional value to the posts, but that doesn't mean it is a violation of the ToS.
Thanks for the input. I've put a lot of thought into this, but multiple heads tend to be better than one.

Consider that the information I published is seemingly distributed by these federal government public relations staff to anyone and everyone who contacts them via TSA's "Got Feedback?" program.
Also consider that this information would likely be valuable to anyone who doubts the authenticity of the messages I published and wishes to contact TSA staff to verify the accuracy of the information, as well as to anyone who would like to inquire about related information.

To take this off the Internet and into meatspace, imagine that you contacted the public relations department for some federal government agency, and that the letter you received in response contained information that you felt would be valuable to others. Were you to photocopy that letter and tack copies on local community bulletin boards, would you feel the need to white out contact information on the letterhead used by the TSA staff when they responded to your inquiry?