FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - PV Alert: Can I Take Photos at the Checkpoint and Airport?
Old Apr 1, 2009, 12:59 pm
pmocek

update on survey of 50 airports' polices re: photography of publicly-accessible areas

Originally Posted by amejr999
Can we make a compilation of this contact info? Might be helpful.
I'm happy to do so.

(Or entertaining to use for prank calls )
Please don't suggest that, even in jest.

I've received responses from 10 people representing 11 airports. I'll compile responses and post them this evening. Preview: most have expressed no knowledge of anything prohibiting non-commercial (not sure how that's defined) photographing or video recording of publicly-accessible areas of airports as long as doing so does not interfere with airport or TSA staff or slow the screening process for other passengers. Several have expressed the opinion that photographing or video recording at a TSA checkpoint, or more specifically, photographing or video recording TSA's equipment at the checkpoint, would likely result in "trouble" of some sort, possibly including the involvement of law enforcement personnel. One reported that our exchange had been forwarded "to HQ" and that she was informed that my questions will be answered in more detail.