FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: 2009-2015 MileSAAver / SAAver Award Availability Help etc.
Old Mar 15, 2009, 11:48 pm
NotDuncan

Programs: AA PLTPRO, 2MM, Bonvoy PLT, NYT Monday crossword puzzle solver extraordinaire
Originally Posted by quartney
If I do a search for only 1 passenger, there are flights available out of HNL ... and if I look at the seating availability, 90%+ are available. But if I do a search for 2 tickets, there's nothing.
Originally Posted by beerup
You are observing this behavior because while 90%+ of the seats might be available in First class, i.e., F bucket, only one seat is available for the MilesAAver (Z) bucket. Any of those seats could be booked for a AAnytime award since that uses the F bucket, but that will cost you twice as many miles of course.
He's exactly right, quartney. I spent the last two months looking for two I class tix DFW-DUB. (MilesAAver business) Never once did I find two seats on the same dates, always one seat. This even tho not a single seat had been booked on any of the flights. AA is simply holding back MilesAAver award inventory because they'd rather sell those seats than give them as reduced award tix.

Keep looking as long as you have time, award inventory changes on a daily basis, IME. FWIW, I finally ended up booking one ticket as MilesAAver business, and the second as Y with a miles/copay upgrade.