FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What service standards to expect in WT+?
View Single Post
Old Mar 14, 2009, 11:30 am
HighLife

Programs: MUCCI, BA LTG/GGL/CCR, AF PLAT, ETHIHAD AND LH USELESS PLASTIC
Originally Posted by BingBongBoy
This is indeed something that many Pursers or CSD's comment on in Short Haul briefings, that many Gold and Silver are flying in Euro Traveller now due to changes is company travel policies and although we are limited to what we can do with such a limited product, a smile and a friendly hello, as well as good service go a long way to make someone feel welcome in whichever cabin they fly in.
Absolutely... does makes a real difference ^

Interesting also to hear direct experience that SCH and GCHs are traveling in lower cabins - clearly a sign of the times. One hopes that this will not mean that too many people go on to lose the cards they had earned when times were good... and we appreciate BA's recent help with that in their decision to award TPs on discount fares.

In my own case, you won't be seeing much of me on paid F tickets this year, all so far are in CW and quite possibly WT+ (with a prayer to the God of MFU availability!). No way we can justify F in my industry at the moment . 07-08, I was in F a couple of times a month at least by comparison. And yes, it is also becoming increasingly difficult to justify CE over ET.. especially now that BA appear to be significantly increasing the fares on my most frequent route due to it changing to LHR from LGW.

I have little fear of losing gold status personally, but I have doubts about remaining at GGL level for much longer.

On a general note, one hopes that those who used to travel in private aircraft will be populating the F cabins, given the evidence that the private jet industry is suffering a huge downturn! This, and the 50% off miles sale , might be enough to keep up the standards / availability of F cabins for the next couple of years during the downturn so we never see the dreaded post on FT in 2011 announcing that BA are finally binning their F product