FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What service standards to expect in WT+?
View Single Post
Old Mar 14, 2009, 6:55 am
sammyh25

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold
As a Purser what you have described really annoys me and is typical of a lazy crew member cutting corners. With High-J the W/T+ crew member works on their own and really doesn't have a Purser supervising them, or certainly not one their who is able to keep an eye on how the service is being done.

a) Giving you wine for dinner with the first bar round is not on and is simply a way of him/her making their life that bit easier when they do the meal service. You should always have a drink first and then be offered a bottle of wine with your meal.

b) When you pushed the call bell someone should have answered. It is quite possible that your crew member was busy swapping trolleys, but where were the Club crew at that time, the call bell would be obvious to them as well... I also don't really see swapping trolleys as an excuse, what if you had been feeling unwell and needed assistance.

c) No juice rounds, or not enough juice rounds, is also a sign of a lazy crew. The walking through the cabin with a rack of glasses and a bottle of water is my pet hate, looks naff and is not BA standard, far from it.

I would complain because what you experienced fell far short of the service standards for economy, and let's be honest the price of a W/T+ seat is not exactly cheap. I would like the crew member to be accountable to his/her manager and explain to them his/her reasoning for their actions.

Apologies for what you experienced, it is certainly not the level of service we should be delivering. W/T passengers get little enough as it is, but when the corners get cut it becomes no better than a low-cost airlines experience....