FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Long Haul Commuter Run: LHR-IAD-ORD and back with UA
Old Mar 13, 2009, 4:27 am
Kevincm

Programs: Mucci, BMI*G, M&M SEN, FB Gold, PC Plat, Father of GhettoIFE
Red face So to sum up...

So in summing up, UA's 767 and 777 based services in comparison to the 747 service from a Y Class passengers viewpoint, and I'd say defiantly better than the US Airways equivalent services via PHL.

Whilst Y bucket travel may be mostly the same across the pond (there's your bucket, here's some fake food, be happy), things like good customer service, the patience to do water runs, and good communication with the customer really help.

That and a lot of humour goes one heck of a long way.

If we are holding the Star Gold Lounge at LHR as a standard, then I really do fear for UA's Red Carpet Clubs. I found the food options to be laughable, with the lack of some drink options from a fridge (I'm thinking of the C7 bar) to be near enough silly - I'd say it's worth it if you carry your *G card, but if you're ponying up for an RCC membership, I'd certainly think twice. If there is a lounge that sort of gets near the standard of the LHR *G lounge, it has to be the PHL Envoy lounge.

Which is fine if you want to fly US Airways

A big thank you to the crew of UA382 for the excellent short haul service - and the visit up to the cockpit... it was very much appreciated.

Overall, in comparison to the US experiences, I'd take UA any day of the week providing the cost was near enough the same (and this time, the US option was a good £30 more expensive.. so UA wins hands down)

Right - that's it for another fun packed Y class adventure! I don't know what's next but I could be in for a little Seoul... or maybe a trip to Minneapolis.

Who knows? Who cares? Dear reader... thank you for spending time reading