FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LAN South America AirPass vs OneWorld Visit South America Pass
Old Mar 5, 2009, 12:17 pm
jgold

Programs: Starwood Gold née Platinum; AA Plat.
Originally Posted by cmyden
The post by jgold mentioned that the LAN South America AirPass only requires the inbound flight to be operated by LAN.

Would I qualify even though my flight didn't originate with LAN? How would I book the AirPass? From what I'm reading, it can only be done by phone. Travelocity is the only place I've been able to find this deal.
I don't know the answer to all these questions, but when I booked the LAN airpass, I believe I did it over the Internet (although I think a subsequent phone conversation may have been required for payment via credit card). My LAN ticket into South America (JFK-SCL) was ticketed via BA using BA points, with LA as the carrier. The only thing I needed for the LA website was, I believe, either my LAN confirmation number or the e-ticket number. Presumably if I'd bought the ticket on Travelocity, it would have been fine. I did not have to buy the airpass simultaneously with the inter-continental ticket.

I note in your post that your inter-continental ticket is NOT on LAN. I would think that's a problem, but I don't really know enough about that situation.