FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Difference in Fare buckets I vs. J, C, D, R
Old Feb 19, 2009, 8:03 am
Sixth Freedom
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by AGSF
Is there a way on BA.com to select a specific fare class?
Yes.

The following is valid for ex UK but may not be valid for other POS.

If you are booking non flex then it makes no difference to the conditions whether or not you get D, R or I. The only difference is the fare and you would not want to select a specific bucket as the system will give you the lowest available.

If you need flexible click 'flexible conditions' on the first page. This always books J.

If you need a semi-flex ticket (C class, GBP 100 + fare diff. change fee, 20% fee for CXL) then you should click 'lowest price' and there are four possibilities.
1. If I, R or D are available for booking and the advance purchase conditions for fares in these classes are met then the system will give you an I, R or D fare. You then press 'increase flexibility' at the bottom of the page when you get the final price quote. This will then give you C.
2. If I, R or D are available but the advance purchase conditions for fares in these classes are not met then the system will give you C.
3. If I, R or D are not available but C is the system will give you C.
4. If you have missed the advance purchase conditions for C or C is not available you will get J.

Hope this helps.