FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort & Spa {PYF}
Old Feb 9, 2009, 2:46 pm
mikstv

Programs: Starwood, Hilton, American Air, US Air, Continental
Unhappy French Polynesia-Hilton now manageing ex-Starwood hotels

We are truly caught in the middle and are trying to work our way out: Many months ago we booked a 25th anniv trip to the Sheraton Moorea, using Starpoints, and then paying cash for an OWB upgrade. Jan 15th we got the Starwood letter that management was changing, but that trips booked on Starpoints would be honored. Right.....Now that its a Hilton, the hotel fax does not answer, the phone does not answer, Honors customer service shows no reservations at all in their system for this property, and they were as lost as I was when I called. In all fairness I got a very concerned Honors supervisor on the phone Sunday who will try to continue to contact the hotel to try to confirm that our free reservation and paid upgrade is still intact. My emails and faxes to the hotel have gone unanswered. So far, this transition is not looking good, and if the lack of response from the hotel itself is any indication of the service we'll get, perhaps we should be booking elsewhere.