FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Suica in Kansai?
View Single Post
Old Jan 25, 2009, 6:17 am
railroadtycoon

Programs: Japan Forum, Skyteam Elite Plus, BW Diamond Select, HHonors Gold, NWA, DL, NH
To clarify, the vending machines still accept them for purchases, though the actual ticketing machines don't at last on the ones I tested them on (see below).

When I said "can still be used" I meant to add that. It shouldn't matter as most people don't have one anymore, and I sure miss it because each card had a special design for its railway. Pasmo and Suica are plain cards (minus the special edition ones you can find). But, I was surprised because last month I found a old PASSNET card with some money on it. So for the heck of it, I went to a Keio Station, and it worked in the vending machine, I also used it at Tokyo Metro and Toei machines without problems (to purchase tickets using the remaining value). Those are some pretty major networks, so I would assume, other networks machines are still able to take them to at least purchase regular tickets with the remaining funds, though YMMV, but again not many people have them anymore unless you happen to visit Tokyo Disney Land and have one from the trip.

The Tokyo Disney Monorail still sales and accepts PASSNET cards.