FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Maui or Kauai
View Single Post
Old Jan 18, 2009, 5:17 pm
rbAA

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Based upon my last stays (Jan 08 in GH K and Feb 08 in HR Maui)

Room and RC: Kauai the best. Great selection of appetizers and drinks. And UPG no hassle, as at Maui I had to make a call to GP (the CS agent said he called the front desk manager,) to even get RC access as DIA, and even then the front desk said they didn't have to "UPG" me to RC access unless I was on their RC floor. Plus the Maui property appeared very run down. Can't beat the look of the GH K. Great pools, though I do like the waterfalls at the HR Maui pool, gives a decent water massage. And the prices at HR Maui seem out of line with the facility quality.

Spa and fitness rooms: Kauai no question.

Nightlife: Maui no question. Probably need a car at either anyway. Or you can walk to Whaler's Village up from the HR Maui, but not much but restaurants and a few bars. Though it is hard to find a bar open on Kauai after 10PM, though I didn't look very hard.

Beaches: While the beach infront of the HR Maui is better than the rocky Poipu beach, especially Shipwreack, I prefer to bodysurf and the best there is Kauai, at Secret Beach south of Princeville. Maui has great bodysurfing at Hamoa, but it is quite a drive on the road to Hana. For snorkeling, the end of the road on Kauai is best.

Last edited by rbAA; Jan 18, 2009 at 5:30 pm