FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FCO new Terminal 5
View Single Post
Old Jan 17, 2009, 10:24 am
j_donne

Programs: AAdvantage, Miles&More, Millemiglia
Originally Posted by rove312
The AA flight would actually leave from the Terminal C satellite; T5 is a check-in facility. If you can avoid check-in at FCO, you can get to the gate airside; T5 is completely separate and AFAIK you can't get there airside.

So, I imagine that in your group there would be people checking bags; is your flight from Trieste on an airline that interlines baggage to AA? I see that AA doesn't have online check-in for international flights, so a question for someone who knows better: can an AA boarding pass, or other document that lets them clear security and passport control airside, be issued by a transit desk at FCO, letting you stay airside to get from A to C?

If you need to go landside, there's a walkway outside the front of the terminals to get from A to C; then the question is how often the bus runs, and will the group of 30, mixing with others who are waiting, need to be split among a few buses? Was this trip booked on one itinerary that says it's a legal connection? If you enter T5 as if you're originating, often two hours early is too late, but at other times it goes quickly.
Hi,

Yes, all the tickets were booked as one itinerary - Trieste-FCO-JFK-Miami. We'll check your bags in Trieste and then hopefully the Italians won't lose them at FCO (or JFK).
As far as I know, we have to get from Terminal A to T5 on our own (by taking the bus shuttle from Terminal C). I'm trying to contact the American Airlines personnel in Rome if they could assist us with the transfer. The FCO staff said they could, but we have to contact them directly.