FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Will an Aerosol explode in Checked Bags? TSA allow it?
Old Jan 4, 2009, 7:50 am
BubbaLoop

Dean and oneofthose,

I really appreciate your help explaining the nature of these rather complicated and completely illogical restrictions. I also find it surprising that seemingly reasonable persons such as yourselves manage to work within such a ludicrous system (regardless if you still think what you do helps or not). It must be a personality thing - I could not work for something I don't believe in wholeheartedly. I could not follow ridiculous rules.

Originally Posted by HSVTSO Dean
It'd also make checkpoint operations a lot easier if carry-ons were eliminated and everyone was limited to what they could fit into a quart-sized baggie (and I don't mean for LGA, I mean, like, period. Keys, a cellphone, maybe a twinkie~).
Actually, although I know I am going to get clobbered for this by many of the other fliers here, I agree that carry-on limitations should exist, not to the level of one quart-size baggie, but maybe the size of a reasonable backpack (which can take a laptop, food, a book, glasses, a cardigan and a few other things you want to use on board). I think people bring altogether too much on board to avoid checking it in (although I am not denying there are problems with checked luggage).

Originally Posted by oneofthosepeopleyouloveto hate
I think the apparent stupidity of the rules (LOL) is a reflection of the fact they're yet another hybrid of safety, public relations and customer service. Being neither fish nor fowl, they do not really enhance safety very effectively, and they still manage to tick off a fair amount of passengers.
Exactly! Why not scratch them and start all over again?!!