FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Who to call to pick up pets that have passed away?
Old Dec 31, 2008, 8:59 pm
kipper
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by trooper
I sure didn't grow up on a farm... but when I came home one day and found that the family cat (of 18+ years) had died (apparently) peacefully in a shady spot out front of the house..

I got the shovel out and went digging...

Seemed logical to me.... and when the cat belonging to the elderly lady next door died (a cat I had "sat" many times)... I performed the same service for her....

Very sad to lose the much loved family pet of course.. but I don't see the big deal about taking care of it after it dies... Part of the responsibility I'd say...

If one lives in a city apartment I can see the problem..... that's a tough one!
My issue with the initial shovel comment was that it seemed so harsh--no explanation, and it doesn't address the OP's situation. The OP is looking to give the pet sitter a number to call, if something happens to the cat while they're out of town, not ask the pet sitter to bury the cat.

My comment about it seeming harsh--losing a pet is tough, and I'd hope for some sympathy, especially in this forum, when dealing with the inevitable.