FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Economy - Extend Everyone's Status through 2009?
Old Dec 18, 2008, 2:40 pm
rucn2020

Programs: LT Marriott Titanium, AA Plat
Thumbs up The Economy - Extend Everyone's Status through 2009?

Interesting idea - received the following email from the CEO of Lowes Hotels today thanking me for my business for this year, and as a "gift," he is extending my frequent stay status through the end of 2009 (no need to re-qualify for next year). What a wonderful idea - has anyone heard Starwood offering such a program in the past? Would be a great time for them to offer this. I know that my travel will be greatly curtailed next year, and making Platinum is going to be a challenge (I perfer Starwood over Loews anytime!).

Subject: Our Gift To You

FIRST AND FOREMOST, LET ME TAKE THIS OPPORTUNITY to sincerely thank you for your loyalty to Loews Hotels, especially during these challenging economic times. While we are always mindful of our commitment to provide you with the best experience possible, we understand that in today’s climate, it is more important than ever before.

Therefore, to say thank you to you, our most loyal guests, we will be extending your current YouFirst status through December 31, 2009, with the hope that the coming year allows us all to rest a little easier and travel a lot more.

We truly believe that “Value is the New Luxury,” so much so that we’ve made it the cornerstone of our brand messaging for 2009. It also represents our pledge to continue to provide you with the brand of hospitality you have come to value from Loews Hotels, whatever the future brings.

On behalf of all of us, we wish you peace, health, happiness and the time and space to enjoy it. We look forward to welcoming you back for many years to come.

Sincerely,

Jonathan Tisch
Chairman & CEO