FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Thread listing all known UA revenue and award booking codes and a summary of each one
Old Sep 26, 2002, 2:08 pm
PremEx
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A Word Of Advise

This continually pains me to read mention folks relying solely on these codes.

I've written here many times that those inventory codes on the web site are often bogus. I think too many folks here are putting too much faith in their accuracy.

And knowing united.com...you should know better!!

I really suggest you call.

I've burnt over half a million miles this year, and if I had relied on those codes and trying to book award travel on the web site, I'd have never gotten anywhere.

I believe it's like Orbitz...different buckets available at different retailers/sites.

Plus, if you get a willing and live agent they can do work arounds and sometimes even come up with flights that the web does not even show!!!

Or give you available routings that the web doesn't even offer!!!

And if they really feel sorry they couldn't snag you anything, they often can contact a friend who manages to shake a few apples out of the tree.

I've flown over 75,000 air miles on award tickets this year (with more to go), and on 80% of them the web site said "no way." But by calling and getting a good agent...

In my experience, the only thing those codes show you is if you can book your flight on the web!