FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Allegiant Air Experience
View Single Post
Old Dec 12, 2008, 7:22 am
bhatnasx
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I haven't flown them, but will be flying them this ski season (ex-LAS). They recently had 29 OW fares for EUG-LAS & return. I booked tickets for one of my friends & her boyfriend to come visit me in LAS (they work in non-profit & are good friends, an early xmas present) and it cost 180 RT for the two tix. Allegiant charges more ($10-15) for confirmed seats & ~$25-$35 for checked luggage (which means they may not be all that great of a value during ski season if you're checking skis & luggage). As noted also, everything is BOB as well...I don't mind giving the tix to friends (and I told them that I figured they'd do carry-on only & also that they may not be sitting together - but they're both just glad to have the tickets), but I personally, if I have the money & the costs is reasonable, would probably fly a mainline (that and they don't have any share agreements with other carriers, so if there's a mechanical, you're SOL til they have it fixed...no rule 240, I think, but am not 100% sure).