FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - My Year of First Class Meals
View Single Post
Old Dec 6, 2008, 3:51 pm
Mofomat
Suspended

My Year of First Class Meals

I've just flown my last flight of the year today. A rather humble Prague to Amsterdam on Czech Airlines. However, I have been lucky enough to sample the First Class cabins of some great airlines this year, so I thought I'd celebrate by posting some pictures of meals I've taken. And it's also an excuse to show just how bad Air France's First Class product is.

Singapore Airlines

Rock lobster and avocado tartare, garnished with baby lettuce and cherry tomato. Appetiser on SQ321 LHR-SIN, 20th April.

Oven-baked warm oyster with tomato salsa and coriander cheese sauce in half shell. Appetiser on SQ16 SIN-ICN, 23rd April.

Chilled malossol caviar, with melba toast and condiments. Appetiser on SQ16 ICN-SFO, 23rd April.

Emirates

Mediterranean mezze, which includes tabouleh salad, egg and anchovy mayonnaise and grilled artichoke heart. Appetiser on EK763 DXB-JNB, 3rd December.

Grilled lamb cutlets with minted gravy, served with fine green beans, turned roast potatoes, pumpkin and cherry tomatoes. Main course on EK763 DXB-JNB, 3rd December.

Avocado, mango and lobster with a spicy cocktail sauce. Snack on EK763 DXB-JNB, 3rd December.

Lufthansa

Filet of beef with brandy flavoured green peppercorn jus, gratin potato, grilled tomato filled with garlic polenta and green beans. Main course on LH711 NRT-FRA, 16th June.

Swiss

Balik salmon with seafood and vegetarian platter. Appetiser on LX289 JNB-ZRH, 5th December.

Fillet of beef in a mushroom sauce with broccoli florets, grilled carrots and saffron basmati rice. Note the glass of 1995 Chateau La Tour. Main course on LX289 JNB-ZRH, 5th December.

And finally. I'll save the best until last.

Air France

Some kind of meat covered in dried sauce. Main course on AF276 CDG-NRT, 13th June.

Last edited by Mofomat; Dec 6, 2008 at 3:56 pm