FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lounge access update for Skywards Gold and Silver members
Old Dec 3, 2008, 6:46 pm
sfozrhfco

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
I was just in the Business Lounge on Sunday and I have to say that it seemed just as crowded as the former lounge in Terminal One. Actually the whole Terminal 3 was a zoo and there seemed to be even less space than the other terminal. The lines in the lounge for mens restroom were literally out the door. Three stalls in each bathroom--with at least one already out of service. There was also less variety of food. All of the Arabic food choices were eliminated. There was more space but a lot of it is taken up with tables that take a lot of space and don't seat very many people. The internet connection on the computers in the business center was also so slow I was happy to have printed out my connecting boarding pass out at the hotel as it never would have printed in the lounge.

I can't believe that the terminal has been open for a few weeks and they are already overcrowded. What is it going to be like when all of the A380s come online and they all depart in the early morning or late at night? Terminal 1 is not really an option either---hardly worth the trek over there to then trek all the way back to catch one's flight.

I thought the luggage would be faster coming out as well. The baggage belt was a bit nicer but the luggage--even with priority tags took the same amount of time to come out as before when the plane was parked in a remote location kilometers from the terminal. At LAX it also took at least 1 hour to get my 1 piece of luggage that was priority tagged. Nearly every other bag came out before the Skywards Gold/Business class tagged luggage which all came out at the very end. I guess top priority means that they should be held until the very last moment to give premium passengers plenty of time to stand around and wait after clearing immigration.

The Korean Air lounge at LAX was terrible too. Hardly any food, nothing except from a few chairs and Korean newspapers--so I just waited by the gate.

Anyway compared to most terminals at LAX, DXB is far better and the e-gate pass works great.

I did see the Ethihad staff having their annual staff retreat at the Emirates Palace Hotel in Abu Dhabi. Too bad Ethihad won't be flying from SFO anytime soon.

Last edited by sfozrhfco; Dec 3, 2008 at 7:58 pm