FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Thrifty refuses to work with Amex Ins on fees
Old Nov 22, 2008, 12:21 pm
randix

Sorta had a related experience...

Few months ago was renting a car from Thrifty, my windshield for whatever reason cracked, from one end to the other. Reported it to Thrifty and MasterCard that provides insurance similar to AMEX. I completed all the necessary paperwork, MasterCard paid the cost of the windshield, about $150, and was quite willing to pay Thrifty's loss of use and administrative fee, but despite repeated attempts on my part and MasterCard's, Thrifty NEVER sent documentation for either to MasterCard. As a result, MasterCard never paid those amounts, although it was quite willing to do so. Then of course I got a nasty letter from Thrifty regarding non-payment.

I finally "gave up" and just paid it. Sounds similar to your situation.

I might mention MasterCard was absolutely great, they even had a website where I could go and check on documentation received. It was Thrifty that was the problem. They seem to have no problem providing documentation for the windshield itself, its the other charges that although they claim them, they won't provide any documentation for...