FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Four Points by Sheraton Hotel & Suites Calgary West, AB, Canada [Master Thread]
Old Nov 10, 2008, 11:13 am
slidergirl

Programs: IHG Gold,SPG Gold, HH Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Delta Kettle, AMEX Plat, DL AMEX Plat
another good stay at FP Calgary West 11/5-9

Well, I was up in Calgary again for some races at the Calgary Olympic Park. I made my res. at the FP Calgary West - traditional queen (all that was available online when I made my plans). When I arrived, I was greeted warmly and they let me know that my Gold number was on file. I got one of the SPG Preferred Guest rooms up on the 3rd floor, a queen room. No other upgrade, but I wasn't expecting it, given all the folks staying at the hotel (1 college football team, 2 college basketball teams, various teams for the bobsled and skeleton races, and a college conference). It was it's usually comfy self - mini fridge, microwave, coffee maker, 2 free bottles of water every day, For women, there were 2 hair dryers - the usual wallmount one, and another handheld with more power for those with hair that takes too long to dry with the wallmounts (you know what I mean), WiFi, TV with good variety of stations. I will say that the rooms are starting to look a bit dated and well used. With the traffic they get, I don't doubt it. There was free morning coffee and a basket of apples available all day long. The place really is friendly and makes you feel welcome. I still recommend the hotel, but I hope they have some plans for room refurnishment in the future.