FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - plat changes; increase fees; int rates; shortened payment schedule
Old Nov 7, 2008, 3:44 am
gum

Programs: LH Blue, BA Blue, Hyatt Gold
Most VISA and Mastercards of Germany charge between 1,75 and 2%

commision for any use in other than the own currency !!

Will look on my next statement if they change the commission in Europe too, I Think it's now 2 % . Was increased some years ago.

As a great fan of Amex I will just look how this will develop.

One hint for all GERMAN cardholders which want to get foreign exchange commission free:
One bank, the Deutsche Postbank, offers a new kind of savings books. This savings book is a savings account not with the old traditional book ("Sparbuch") but in the new type of a Sparcard !
This Sparcard works anytime free of charge for wirthdrawal on "own" cash machines in the inland/domestic and TEN TIMES FOR WITHDRAWALS IN FOREIGN CURRENCY PER YEAR !! ^

Due to the fact that I don't want to get commissions for any recommendations, you can just search this by yourself in the internet offers of the Deutsche Postbank (postbank.de) or any German post office.

So this may be an alternative for any german based cardholder, especially to get smaller amounts of money for purchases.@:-)

Hope this helps.