FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Question 12: OMNI
View Single Post
Old Nov 4, 2008, 4:55 pm
Radioman

Programs: BAEC Gold, Priority Club RA, Lots of other cards
submitted by Cholula
OMNI is FlyerTalk's most popular forum with 70% more posts than our largest airline or hotel forums. Do you visit or contribute to OMNI?

Do you believe that OMNI contributes positively to FlyerTalk? Please explain your position.
What is your opinion of the recent changes, i.e., political/religious threads split off into a separate forum and no minimum post count requirement for posting in OMNI?

Hi
Well the question is actually three questions not one. I am also not surprised that Omni has raised its head again this year.

1. I dont mind Omni. Its been part of FT for a while now and a lot of folk post there. I dont visit Omni, it does not interest me but I would not scrape as it does have a place in FT for folk to talk about whatever they want within reason.

2. As for things being split into different forums, well I was always told never mix politics and religion, it starts too many wars.

3. Minimum post count for Omni. Well lets make it 10, thats a nice and easy number and with any luck we will see folk posting in other forums before Omni, or do we really need a minimum post count? I see people posting in other forums who have a post count of less than 100 but have been FT members for years, does it matter? Hmmmm not really.

One more last thing. I have already highlighted this, but is this years election going to be answering questions on specific forums and why we dont post there? It seems that in order to get some peoples votes we must visit and post in every forum going. This is just not going to happen.

J